Convert Microsoft DNS Debug File to CSV Table Format
What is the 'DNS Log Converter' tool is all about?
This tool allows you to convert a Microsoft Windows DNS Debug Log file into a CSV table format.
There are two available editions:
Basic (Free Version)
Full (Commercial. Free Trial Is Available Till 15/Sep/2017).
DNS Log Converter - Basic Edition
The Basic Edition is available for free. Simply download the ZIP file, depending on your Windows platform (x32 or x64), by clicking on the relevant buttons on the right.
Once download is completed:
1- Unzip the file
2- Double click the EXE version
3- Select the Microsoft DNS Debug Log file 'ex: dns.log' or any file with the DNS log format
4- Select where you want to save the converted file
5- Type what will be the CSV file name, where the converted DNS Log messages will be saved in
6- Click Run
This will convert the DNS Debug Log file to a tabular format as CSV.
Please share with us your feedback, and feel free to share the tool or this link with the public community.
You can as well use our free online tool to convert the 'dns.log' file into a tabular format available in both HTML and CSV formats by clicking at Convert Microsoft DNS Debug Log File into a Table Format.
DNS Log Converter - Full Edition
The Full Edition is a more comprehensive application that requires a license, yet a trial version is available, for Windows (x32 or x64) platforms.
With the Full edition you will be able to convert all the parameters of the DNS Log messages, convert the Flags in the log messages into a descriptive meaning, see what lines in the source file are skipped for not matching the DNS log message format and what lines matched then parsed, show the query types as either Forward or Reverse queries, or you can have the output as abbreviated (similar to the Basic Edition).
You can even reserve a converted DNS log message from CSV to TXT – i.e back to the original “dns.log” format.
The Microsoft DNS Debug Log Coverter - Full Edition is a powerful tool. Simply download the ZIP file, depending on your Windows platform (x32 or x64), by clicking on the relevant buttons on the right.
Once you download the application:
1. Unzip the file and double click the EXE version
2. Select the “Input Type Format”, to specify if you want to convert the Log file to CSV, or vice-versa.
3. If you selected “LOG” as the “Input Type Format”, this means that you want convert the DNS Log file to CSV. Which then you need to select the “Source File Path”, “Destination File Path”, with the available options if needed.
4. If you selected “CSV” as the “Input Type Format”, this means that you want to reverse back the converted CSV file to it’s original log message format. Then you need to select the “Source File Path”, and the “Destination File Path”.
5. Eventually, click “Convert” or “Convert and Show Result”
If you have logged in, you can download the User Guide (Solution Note) below to learn more about what you can do with both editions and how to use the tools. If you are not logged in, you won't be able to see the below User Guides.
DNS Related Tools and Articles:
Donate - Support Networkstr
Support Networkstr.com to continuo being online!
Help us build these products:
Thank You for your support!
Please Login to your account or Register for a new account in order to access the Downloads section.